55 South Parrott Ave.
Okeechobee, FL 34972
The Chamber is in the process of recruiting participants for its 2019 Leadership Okeechobee Class. Leadership Okeechobee is an eight month program were participants attend “class” one day out of the month to learn leadership skills, Learn about the various civic organizations Okeechobee has to offer, and how our Government, Education System, Judicial System, Agriculture and Agri-Business entities operate and why they are a vital part of our community. At the Chamber we understand that in most cases the participants of this program will be employees. The time commitment for this program is dependent upon the participant and the employer. There is a required class once a month that lasts from typically 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, outside of this class the participant is asked to stay up to date on email class discussions and in the eight month time period complete one “homework” assignment. We hope that you will consider sending someone from your company to participate in this year’s Leadership Okeechobee program. The purpose of the Leadership Okeechobee Program is to cultivate leadership through education, exposure to the community and interaction between class members.
The program objectives are:
- To prepare future/potential leaders to meet the challenges ahead for Okeechobee
- You will explore critical issues via a series of seminars and related activities
- You will interact with key decision-makers, local leaders and representatives of local government to gain a better understanding of the forces which impact your community as a whole
- The key to preserving and enhancing the quality of life is a well-informed citizen
- The program begins in February and continues each month until graduation in October.
To enroll use the following guidelines:
- Pick up an application form at the Chamber of Commerce
- Applicants will complete and submit application form
- Application will be reviewed by the Leadership Committee
- Once accepted, a fee of $425 is required to cover meals, transportation and other program expenses
If you have any questions, please call the Chamber at (863) 467-6246