Ambassadors are a subcommittee of the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County dedicated to giving personal value to the members of the chamber through public relations, social networking, and assisting the chamber to build and maintain membership.
Ambassadors of the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County make a one year commitment to serve on the subcommittee. When called upon to serve Ambassadors answer in a timely manner, and attend at least one chamber event quarterly. Each Chamber Ambassador will be assigned a team, either special events or membership. Ambassadors will receive countless benefits from their time served but some of the most important are:
- Exposure for you and your business within the Chamber and the local community
- Meeting business leaders for potential business opportunities and social contacts
- Contributing to community growth
- Recognition as a leader
- Be a resource for local businesses
- Enjoy social interaction with other like-minded volunteers
Special Events Team
Ambassadors that are on the Special Events team should be creative individual’s dedicated to creating a fun relaxing atmosphere in which business members feel comfortable and have the opportunity to engage in networking. Special Events team members are responsible to:
- Greet others upon arrival to events such as Grand Openings, Business After Hours, Business Exchange Luncheons, and other specialty events.
- Use the “Buddy System” in order to invite those charged to them to attend events
- Be present at as many Grand Openings/Ribbon Cuttings as possible to show support for growth in the community
- Serve the needs of the chamber or host business
Ambassadors that choose to serve on the Membership and Promotions team should be outgoing individuals with a heart for bettering the community. Membership and Promotions team members are responsible to:
- Use the “Buddy System” in order to invite those charged to them to attend events and/or get any questions/concerns handled
- Visit members whenever possible to check-in
- Help facilitate new member orientation classes
- Help promote chamber and business member events
Download the Ambassador Team Application now to get started!