Okeechobee County Advisory on Subtropical Storm Nicole #2As of Monday, November 7, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Okeechobee County has these important updates:
- Okeechobee County is currently under a Tropical Storm Watch. The County is participating in calls with local and state partners, along with community partners and will be providing status updates as necessary in relation to Subtropical Storm Nicole.
- This system is expected to produce tropical storm conditions to include heavy rain, flooding, sustained winds of 45-60 mph, and gusts of up to 75 mph. All citizens should pay attention and monitor the weather and be prepared for a longer duration event.
- An information call line will be available by calling 863-824-6888 beginning 9:00am on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 and will stay open 9:00am to 6:00pm daily as needed.
- SANDBAGS are available at the Public Works Department Compound located at 804 NW 2nd Street. Shovels and bags are available at the site at no charge. Citizens will be required to fill their own bags unless special needs residents require some limited assistance. If you are a special needs resident and require assistance with sandbags, please call 863-763-3514 between 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sandbags will be limited to 10 bags per vehicle while supplies are available. Sandbags will be available after 5:30 p.m. with no assistance available.
- Household waste and Hurricane Ian debris will continue to be picked up throughout the community until the approaching storm conditions become too excessive to safely continue.
- WOKC at 100.9 FM and 1570 AM and WLMX Radio Fiesta 106.1 are the official radio stations for Okeechobee County information. For continued updates follow us on: Facebook: Okeechobee Emergency Management or Okeechobee County Government; Okeechobee County Website: co.okeechobee.fl.us