City of Okeechobee
If you are looking for a rural but progressive community within a small town atmosphere, then you'll feel right at home here in Okeechobee.
While we have a number of exciting business and industrial success stories, I still think it's hard to beat early morning fishing on Lake Okeechobee. Whether it's landing a trophy fish or just the relaxing view of a variety of Florida's wildlife in their natural habitat waking up to a cool sunrise breeze, you'll fall in love with Okeechobee. In contrast, there's the excitement of a number of nationally sanctioned professional bass fishing tournaments.
Okeechobee is known as the ''Speckled Perch Capital of the World'' so it is only fitting that we hold an annual event in honor of this title. The Speckled Perch Festival sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County is our largest festival of the year and is held in March. Each year this downtown event attracts thousands of out of town visitors and locals alike. It's kicked off by a parade that wraps around Flagler Park where hundreds of crafts and food vendors are scattered about, the most popular being the Seminole booths with their colorful jackets and crafts for sale as well as their delicious pumpkin bread. There's also the Okeechobee Cattlemen's Rodeo and the Okeechobee County Fair going on at the Agri-Center.
We have a vibrant business district, but as our Okeechobee Main Street logo states we have 'old values and new visions'. On the 4th Saturday in July we have the Day of the Cowboy event, which includes a cattle drive through our town.
Member EventsTuesday Jul 14, 2020Thursday Jul 16, 2020
Whom to Contact
- Patty BurnetteGeneral Services CoordinatorPhone: (863) 763-3372Fax: (863) 763-1686
- Lane Earnest GamioteaCity Clerk/Personnel AdministratorPhone: (863) 763-3372 Ext.9813
- Bobbie JenkinsDeputy City ClerkPhone: (863) 763-3372 ext. 9814Fax: 863-763-1686
- Marcos Montes De OcaCity AdministratorPhone: 1-863-763- 3372 Ext8Fax: 863-763-1686
- India RiedelFinance DirectorPhone: (863) 763-3372
- Hilario RodriguezFirefighter/EMTPhone: (863) 467-1586
- Herb SmithCity Fire Chief
- Dowling WatfordMayor