55 South Parrott Ave.
Okeechobee, FL 34972
Local Business Closures & Updates
- Okeechobee KOA Resort is still open!
- Local Restaurants still serving you!
- Martha's House is open and offering all services
- Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park - Closed on 3/23/2020
- The Public Library is closed to public.
- Veteran Services office is closed to the public.
- Parks & Recreation Rental Facilities are closed to the public.
- The County Swimming Pool is closed.
- The Darrel Enfinger Sports Complex, Wooden Jungle Playground & Pavilion will be closed from dusk until 8am.
- Young at Heart Senior Service Center is closed to the public.
- The Okeechobee Clerk of Court has suspended the issuance of passports and the performance of marriage ceremonies until further notice.
- Okeechobee County School System closed through April 15.
- Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office has ceased background checks, concealed weapon fingerprinting and all non-essential services until further notice. (They will still respond to ALL emergencies and will still be patrolling neighborhoods and businesses.)
- Golden Corral - Closed at 5:00 PM on 3/20/2020
- CenterState Bank - Lobby Closed on 3/20/2020
How to protect yourself from COVID 19Florida’s residents and visitors should continue to refer to the DOH and CDC for the most up-to-date information and guidance on COVID-19:Florida Department of Health (DOH)• Website• COVID-19 Call Center: 1-866-779-6121 (available 24/7)U.S. Centers for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC)• Website
Business Help Updates
- Small Business Bridge Loans
- Damage Assessment Survey
- Reemployment Assistance
- Florida State Bridge Loan Program
Options for submitting an application include:
- Apply online or
- Download an application, complete it in full and submit it with the required support documentation by mail or courier to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, C/O Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan, 107 E. Madison Street, MSC-160, Tallahassee FL 32399-4120.
SBA Disaster Loan Program
Documents are attached to this message.
Sole proprietors use the form 5C application. All others use the form 5 application. There will also be supporting documentation to send in.
The declaration for Florida is FL-00152
"Hello, This is Ken Kenworthy, Superintendent for Okeechobee County Schools with an update.
As you know, our primary method of continuing instruction during the next couple of weeks is through distance learning. If you do not have a computer or device at home, we will be distributing Chromebooks at your school site Wednesday and Thursday of this week between the hours of 11 to 1 and 3 to 6. If you do not have access to WiFi, please contact, your school. To continue reading this update CLICK HERE.
Okeechobee County Government
March 18 at 5:06 PM ·
The Okeechobee County COVID-19 Information line is now open 8am to 6pm. Monday-Saturday. Please call 863-763-3536 for information related to county updates and community resources. For questions related specifically to the coronavirus, symptoms, testing, and treatment please call the Okeechobee Health Department at 863-462-5800 or the 24/7 Department of Health Hotline at 866-779-6121.
For More information visit Okeechobee County Government Facebook Page
Okeechobee County BOCC Public Information
March 21, 2020 1:55 p.m.
MESSAGE FROM EOC:
Please continue to observe social distancing, wash your hands frequently, and if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, call your local primary care physician or the Department of Health 863-462-5800.
DISCUSSION AND OUTLOOK:
Okeechobee County declared a Local State of Emergency along with 52 other Florida counties.
Emergency Management is at a partial Level 2 Activation. The COVID-19 information line is open Monday-Saturday 8-5pm. 863-763-3536.
To read the entire BOCC Report Click Here
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 22, 2020
Contact: Joint Information Center on COVID-19 for the State of Florida (850) 815-4940, ESF14@em.myflorida.com
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The State of Florida is responding to COVID-19. In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, the Florida Department of Health will issue this update every day, seven days per week.
Governor Ron DeSantis is in constant communication with Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz and State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees as the State of Florida continues to monitor and respond to the threat of COVID-19.
To read the full briefing CLICK HERE
2020 Executive Orders (COVID '19)
- #2020-83 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Protective Measures for Vulnerable Populations, Gatherings of Private Citizens and Density of the Workforce
- #2020-82 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida
- #2020-80 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Airport Screening and Isolation
- #2020-72 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Non-essential Elective Medical Procedures
- #2020-71 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Alcohol Sales, Restaurants, and Gyms
- #2020-70 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Broward and Palm Beach County Closures
- #2020-69 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Local Government Public Meetings
- #2020-68 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 regarding bars, beaches, and restaurants